The meaning of ergonomics represents the most comfortable working position with natural alignment of all joints from head to toe and is basically a way to make sure that your body is in a neutral body position.
This can be achieved by various means of ergonomic office furniture and by sitting at your desk or workstation in a correct way.
Specialists in ergonomics use human engineering and have come from backgrounds using knowledge from a variety of disciplines including Anthropometry, biomechanics, mechanical engineering, industrial design, kinesiology, physiology and psychology.
The combination of these scientific disciplines allows designers of a true office seating and workstations units to be interested in every last minute detail of their structure creating a truly comfortable working area for the user.
Ergonomics while working at your computer
- Important to ensure that hands wrists and forearms are in a row straight and almost parallel to the floor.
- Always ensure that your head & torso are in line with head slightly bent forward facing towards the front and balanced.
- Ensure that shoulders are at ease with upper arms hanging normally at the side of your body Important that your elbows are close to you body and between 90 and 110 degrees.
- Feet should be either supported by a footrest or should be relaxing on the floor.
- While leaning back and sitting in a vertical position ensure that your back is supported fully with a firm hold on the lumbar sacral area.
- Your seat should be well padded in order to support your hips and thighs.
- Ensure that your knees and hips are at almost the same height with your feet slightly forward.